30 March 2015

Reality TV

This is going to be my own private rant about "Reality TV" and the more than 100, that is right I said over 100 that are on television at any time of the day or night. However I am tired of hearing & seeing about the sex lives, dancing kids with diva instructors, families with more than four kids, surviving "Naked & Afraid", or "Real Housewives" which is truly a laugh because if these women truly had to do what a "real housewife" had to do daily without all the money they wouldn't last a day, let alone a week or a month. Personally, "Keeping Up with the Kardashian's" is only glorifying how dysfunctional this very rich family is. 

Have we become so shallow or bored with our lives that we have to live vicariously through television? 

Yes, I watch reality television, some of my favorite shows are on: HGTV, A & E, Cooking Channel, PBS, Animal Planet, Science Channel, and NatGeo. I have my favorite shows like everyone does, some favorite shows are "Downton Abbey", "NCIS: LA", "Amazing Race", "Pit Bulls & Paroles", "Hell's Kitchen", "Bering Sea Gold", and "How It's Made". As you can tell by my list of stations I don't watch too much on LifeTime, TLC, ABC, NBC, OWN, or TruTv, I am trying to avoid drama in my television watching, everyday life has enough.

As I stated this is my own private rant. No animals, were harmed during its typing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment