01 June 2011

Modern Technology & the Old Fashioned Girl

I AM TECHNOLOGY CHALLENGED!!!! If you do not believe me, ask my daughter how many times she has had to talk me through posting something on my Facebook or MySpace page. Or better yet ask the tech guru's at my local Verizon store how many times they saw me before I was comfortable using my new "smart" phone with a touchscreen & too many applications for me to fathom, that made me feel like a complete idiot.

While using my compueter last week, it caught a virus. Before you ask, "YES, I have virus software". However it did not wipeout the virus before it made a mess of my desktop, files & other things. Friends are a great thing to have, especially the tech savvy type who can figure it all out. Now you are wondering how I am writing this....I have a notebook I purchased to take with me when I travel. While it might not be great for playing grames, it is however wonderful for reading email, posting to my blog, and keeping in touch with family & friends on Facebook. It is also a great backup for when one doesn't take the necessary precautions against the nasty things that float around out in cyberspace.

Michael, THANK YOU for fixing my computer, and making me NOT feel like a complete idiot!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment